Snow Shoveling Safety Tips
We hope to see you soon...
but NOT with newly acquired injuries from snow shoveling!
These tips are excellent -
1. Warm up your spine with stretching before you shovel
2. Bend knees, keep back straight
3. Keep feet apart for a strong stance
4. Scoop & lift upwards with your LEGS, not your back
5. "Take small bites" - don't scoop more snow than you can handle
6. Keep shovel close to your body
7. Avoid twisting - point your body in the direct you plan to throw the snow
8. Push snow forward instead of throwing to the side
9. Take frequent breaks; don't overdo it!