Our Valued Patients,
As you are aware, the COVID-19 pandemic has created a challenging environment for Physical Therapy care. Our Physical Therapy @ acac Team has been working diligently to ensure your continuity of care has not been compromised, while we maintain and support a healthy community. We continue to follow strict CDC guidelines.
To support that mission, we are offering three ways in which you can continue to receive the care needed to complete your rehab and achieve full recovery:
1) In Clinic Visits
In all clinic locations we continue to schedule patients while following strict guidelines from the CDC to maintain clinic safety:
- AS OF MARCH 20, 2023, face masks are encouraged but optional in all PT@acac clinic locations.
- As of January 1st, 2022, we have mandated all employees receive vaccine and booster shots, as outlined by the CDC recommendations.
- All staff wash hands thoroughly and often with soap and water before and after every interaction as well as frequent and re-occurring use of hand sanitizer.
- Practicing social distancing, limiting waiting area presence, utilizing private rooms for treatment.
- Wiping down all surfaces daily and often.
- Cleaning all equipment before and after use.
- Cleaning all tables before and after use.
- Heightened cleaning effort from all employees for "high touch surfaces" (doors, doorknobs, light switches, faucet handles, trashcans, etc.).
- Patients must adhere to screening guidelines via appointment reminders for each visit. Patients with known exposure or symptoms are asked to cancel their appointments and remain home until advised by their physician. For additional guidance regarding exposure or quarantine recommendations, please refer to the CDC website (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/quarantine-isolation.html) or BRHD website (https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/blue-ridge/).
*If you are experiencing any signs or symptoms of fever, sore throat, difficulty breathing, excessive fatigue, or body aches, please stay home and contact your doctor.
2) In Home Visits
In Home Visits allow you to continue your physical therapy treatment in the convenience of your home. Your physical therapist will provide the same quality care as they would in the clinic, while maintaining strict adherence to CDC guidelines for safe treatment. Any equipment needed would be provided, and sanitized before and after use. We would then guide you through exercises to address your specific needs while continuing to progress towards your goals. We can also review issues specific to your home - whether it be pain while reaching into the dishwasher or issues involving your new work-from-home desk set up
*As with In Clinic Visits, if you are experiencing any signs or symptoms of fever, sore throat, difficulty breathing, excessive fatigue, or body aches, please cancel your visit and contact your doctor.
3) Telehealth Visits
We now offer physical therapy visits via telehealth. Telehealth Physical Therapy is another great way for us to continue your care in the convenience of your own home. Through our audiovisual platform, we are able to reconnect while we implement our expertise in movement analysis to determine the origin of your symptoms. As with In Home Visits, we will guide you through exercises to address your specific needs while continuing to progress towards your goals. We can also review issues specific to your home - like that new work-from-home desk set up. We always prefer to see you in person, but if that is not possible or makes you uncomfortable, let's try the next best thing!
If you are interested in pursuing any of these three convenient options to continue your care, please call any of our clinics and we will be glad to initiate the next steps.
Despite these unprecedented times, we are devoted to your continued health in providing the physical therapy care that you need. Thank you for your continued support, and the opportunity to help you heal.
In good health,
The Physical Therapy @ acac Team