What is athletic training?
- Athletic training encompasses the prevention, examination, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries.
- Athletic training is recognized by the American Medical Association as an allied health profession.
Who are athletic trainers?
- Athletic trainers are multi-skilled health care professionals who collaborate with physicians to provide preventative services, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions.
- Athletic trainers must graduate from an accredited baccalaureate or master’s program, and 70% of athletic trainers have a master’s degree.
Why use athletic trainers?
- Athletic trainers provide medical services to all types of patients, not just athletes participating in sports.
- Athletic trainers can work in a variety of job settings ranging from youth sports to industrial
To apply as a volunteer with our Athletic Training team, download the form HERE.